WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
This is Nupur’s 200th review post, a double whammy, :pompom: way to go Nupur!! :pompom:
I wanted to do this article since long as I had seen a lot of the girls telling me here that they have the same skin type as mine, and the products I review and recommend have proved beneficial for them too.
My skin was pretty decent until the last 2-3 weeks at which time I had an allergic reaction. At the moment, I am using only the medicated products as suggested by my dermatologist, but as soon as my skin gets a little normal, I will switch to my regular products.
All the products I am going to mention in this post have been used/re-purchased by me in the last one year and they have faired well for my skin type which is combination-to-oily.
This is however just a suggestive post and please don’t consider this as an ultimate guide for getting superb skin. 😛 I believe good skin is the result of a lot of factors and not “just” the products you use, but again, using the right products for your skin type does act as a catalyst in the skin improvement process. Here I go:
Cleansers For Combination Skin:
These are the cleansers which I personally like a lot.
- L’Oreal Hydrafresh Cleanser – I have used half of this tube in summers, but it made my skin a little dry in winters. I will start using it again after March. You can read the review here.
- Cetaphil Cleanser – I can’t recall the number of bottles I have finished of this particular cleanser. It was recommended to me by a dermatologist in 2006 and this has been my staple since then. It is great for combination+sensitive skin type. I sometimes get bored with continuously using it, but I always get back to it whenever my skin calls for help. You can read Cetaphil’s review here.
- Forest Essentials Mashobra Honey, Lemon and Rosewater Face Wash – If you have used Forest Essentials products, you must be aware of how exotic their products are. I pretty much like this gentle cleanser for my winter skin. I also love their Forest Essentials Delicate Facial Cleanser Kashmiri Saffron and Neem, but I wanted to try this one now. You can read Forest Essentials cleanser review here.
- L’Occitane Ultra Rich Face Soap. Review here.
- Forest Essentials Ubtan – This is the third jar I got. I use this like every alternate day and I love these ubtans by Forest Essentials. I am going to repurchase these forever in my life. You can find the review for it here.
- Biotique Cleansing Lotion – Not in the picture above but I have finished about 3-4 bottles of it in the winters. I used it every day for my night-time cleansing. I like it a lot and I would repurchase. You can find its review here.
Toners For Combination Skin:
- The Body Shop Sea Weed Toner – I finished up 2 bottles of this toner and I like it a lot (the picture I have shown of the bottle here contains my Neutrogena face wash and not the toner though :P). You can find its review here.
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 – This has been my HG toner but I felt it was a little drying in the winters. I will get back to this in summers. You can find its review here.
- Korres Tonic Lotion – I am in love with this toner; like seriously!! I will review it soon.
Moisturisers For Combination Skin:
- Vichy Essentielles Facial Emulsion – I find this great as a day time moisturiser for my combination skin. You can find its review here.
- Vichy Normaderm Anti-Imperfections Cream (not in the picture). I love the way it worked for my combination + acne-prone skin. I used it for 2 months as a night-time cream and I will re-purchase it after my L’Occitane cream is over. I highly recommend it! Please find its review here.
- Dermocalm Lotion – Well, this is not something I use everyday, but if you want you can. I like how my skin looks when I apply it 🙂 Since it is pink tinted, I use it and top it with a compact for light coverage when I go out. You can find its review here.
- La Roche Posay Cicaplast Skin Recovery Complex – This is my “new found love.” :dance: This is not a moisturiser exactly, but it’s a great treatment cream. You can find its review here.
- Vichy Normaderm Anti-imperfection Hydrating Care – This one is another gem for combination to oily skin. I use it as a day time cream. Review here.
Sunscreens For Combination Skin:
I know that using a sunscreen with good amount of SPF is so important, but I don’t like using them 😛 Also, my dermatologist told me that “ALL” the sunscreens clog pores and eventually cause breakouts :(( I use L’Oreal at the moment and I like it. You can find its review here. I will get the La Roche Posay SPF 50 sunscreen once I am done with this.
Scrubs For Combination Skin:
I like to scrub my face once in a week or maximum twice. My skin is sensitive, so I prefer very mild, not very harsh or badly abrasive scrubs. I have used a lot of scrubs before, but these two are my personal favourites.
- Vichy Purete Thermal Exfoliating Cream – This is my HG scrub. I will always repurchase this. You can find its review here.
- Tvam Skin Polisher – This scrub smells great and works pretty well too. It belongs to the herbal+natural skin care category. I like it but I like my Vichy Scrub more :P. You can read its review here.
Face Packs For Combination Skin:
These are mostly ready-to-use face packs which I just slap on my face on a lazy day for giving my skin that dose of TLC 😛 I also did a post for just face packs for combination to oily skin which you can check here.
- Lush Mask of Magnaminty – It is a nice cooling face mask, which refreshes the skin and a treat for the face in summers. I will re-purchase it in summers. You can read its review here.
- Shahnaz Hussain Oxygen Gel Pack – I bought this after reading a review here on IMBB. It brings about a nice, subtle glow, so I prefer to use it before parties. Please read review here.
- Aroma Magic Witch Hazel Pack – I use it very often, got my third jar of this. You can read its review here.
- Biotique Clove Pack – This is a clay-based, ready-to-use pack, smells heavily of cloves. I finished one pack in summers and got another one. You can read its review here.
Hope the post helps some of you with combination skin type. I would also like to know your favourite CTM products for your skin type 🙂
Skin Care Routine Normal to Dry Skin
Blemishes: Causes & Skin Care
Winter Skin Care Tips
Leg : Skin Care for Great Legs
Turmeric Skin Care Benefits: Top Five Indian Beauty Secrets
5 Summer Skin Care Steps
Skin Care for Sensitive Skin
How to Care for Combination Skin
10 Budget Skin Care Products Review for Combination Skin
NEUTROGENA Combination Skin Oil-Free Moisture
Best Oily / Combination Skin Compacts under Rs 300 : Ask IMBB
Best Drugstore Foundations (under Rs. 1000) For Oily-Combination Skin