WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Ulta Cosmetics, like ELF Cosmetics are a hit or a miss. I don’t remember why I decided to purchase this blush, but it was probably on a whim. Today, I want to share with you beauty divas my review of this blush.
Where To Buy:
I bought this blush from Ulta.com. You can buy it in store or online from their website or simply scour the internet till you see what you like.
It comes in a frosty glass jar and you get 0.18 ounces or 5 grams of product. It seems like an average amount of product with respect to the price. It is slightly steep for a drugstore brand quality, but oh well.
Price and Shipping:
Ulta Matte Finish Mousse Blushes come in four shades and cost $8.00 + tax. Shipping from their website is a breeze. It’s their customer service and their return policy that bothers me.
My Take on Ulta Extreme Wear Matte Finish Mousse Blush in Peach Glow:
I must start by saying that this blush is matte finish but it is loaded with shimmer! :p I’m not sure what Ulta was thinking, but I bought it thinking it was a matte blush. I think I would use this blush everyday if it were true to its name and actually just matte! That said, the shimmer imparts more than just a healthy sheen; it is a shimmer overload!
The colour is a beautiful n*dey-peach colour with silver shimmer. The silver shimmer definitely makes it more suited for neutral or cool skin tones, but golden beauties should be able to sport it too. The consistency of the product is smooth and it does not feel gritty. Even though the colour looks gorgeous in the pot, it isn’t very pigmented and runs very sheer.
Interestingly, it presents the same problems I had with Benefit’s Dandelion, at least it only costs 1/3rd of the price. The shimmer in the blush makes my already sad skin sadder and highlights things I don’t want to be highlighted.
Things I Love about Ulta Extreme Wear Matte Finish Mousse Blush in Peach Glow:
- Pretty coral colour that is very close to what Dandelion looks like on my skin tone (NC40).
- It is a very natural looking colour, suitable for day time if you like shimmer.
- It is priced reasonably (higher than what I would like, but nothing that would deter me).
- The mousse consistency is easy to work with.
- It is easy to blend, so the colour doesn’t just sit on your cheeks.
- It seems like a good dupe for Dandelion if you have neutral or warm undertones.
Things I am not So Much in Love with about Ulta Extreme Wear Matte Finish Mousse Blush in Peach Glow:
- Even for the price you pay, the quality is meh; nothing great.
- The name is misleading (it was to me!) because it contains so much shimmer.
- I dread using it in the day, but it lights up my face in a bad way.
- The staying power is slightly below average. It lasts about 3 hours on me without a face primer and 5 hours with one.
- Even with so much shimmer, it cannot achieve the dewy finish you get with a liquid highlighter.
- The shimmer seems to settle in my humongous pores.
- You need awesome skin to really flaunt it.
- It might smudge/smear on people with oilier skin.
- It might not show up as a blush on most Indian skin tones.
Given the significantly lower price, I give this a 3/5.
Like I said before, Ulta’s own line is a gamble and this blush is one such product. If you have good skin, it might make you glow. But if you do not have epic or amazing skin, it is harder to work with. I really did like the consistency of the blush. It was easier than most cream or powder blushes and it blended well too. I just wish it had better staying power and way more colour payoff. All in all, I would suggest that you try it if you have happy skin and skip it if you don’t.
Peace out! <3
Ulta Eye Shadow in Sandstone
Ulta Lip Gloss
Ulta 5-In-1 Color Collection Chic Review Part 1
Ulta Lipstick in Shangria 219
ULTA Minerals Foundation 003 Fair
ULTA Sheer Fragrance Mist Water Blossom
ULTA Moisture Intense Body Butter – Lavender Woods
Guerlain Parure Extreme Luminous Extreme Wear Foundation
Estee Lauder Double Wear Mascara
Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick: 08 Chocolate Temptation
A Guide to MAC Lipstick Finishes
Pond’s Matte Perfect Face Wash
Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick – Elegant Bloom
Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick:Winter Lily
Chanel Natural Finish Pressed Powder
Pond’s Gold Radiance Radiance Boosting Cleansing Mousse
Colorbar Mousse Foundation- Caffe Misto 002
Revlon Photoready Airbrush Mousse Makeup Foundation
Lakme Absolute Mattreal Skin Natural Mousse
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Mousse Foundation
Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush Review-Peach Satin
MAC Melba Blush Review, Swatch, FOTD
Coastal Scents 10 Blush Palette
All MAC Blushes Photos, Swatches
Faces Glam On Powder Blush in Fresh Bloom
NARS Amour Blush
Faces Glam On Cream Blush Peach Glow
Lakme Peach & Plum Daily Glow Moisturiser
Nichido Powder Blush – Peach Glow, Cool Rum, & Passionate Red
ELF Shimmering Facial Whip Golden Peach
Bio Glow Scrub