WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Ayur Tea Tree Face Wash for Acne-Prone & Oily Skin Review
Hi, I’m Arch from Chennai and this is my first article (yay yay yay I am so excited) about my favorite cleanser in the world. I want to thank Rati and Sanjeev for giving me this wonderful opportunity to join IMBB family. 🙂
We all know that the first step for a flawless clear complexion is cleansing. But you should be very careful when you are choosing a cleanser. It is not just about cleansing but it all about how you feel after using a particular face wash and how well it maintains your complexion. According to my experiences I feel that there are four types of finishes (I don’t know what to call it) a face wash can give you.
- Too dry and stretchy feel
- Dry fresh look which leaves you a bit whitish but glowing
- Matte look and glowing
- Oily slippery look (your face is oily after 15mins of washing. You don’t feel cleansed.)
Let’s us see to which category Ayur tea tree face wash belongs to.
What the Ayur Tea Tree Face Wash claims:
100% Soap free natural deep cleanser for soft and sparkling fresh skin. Tea Tree Daily Face Wash for Acne contains Tea Tree Oil to remove excess sebum (oil) from the skin and control the bacteria which can cause acne and pimples. It is a soap-free cleanser, which is mild enough for use twice a day and it is pH balanced to minimize the stress on the skin. It has added benefit of herbals extract to help soothe inflamed skin and to reduce inflammation.
Directions: Wet face thoroughly with water. Dispense sufficient amount of product onto hand and work up a lather. Gently massage into skin, avoiding eyes. Rinse well with water and gently dry.
Price and availability: 50ml for Rs. 35 and it is easily available in all leading super markets.
Ingredients: Tea Tree Oil, Gentian, SLES Menthol, Fragrance, Aqua.
Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil contains terpenoids which is responsible for its antiseptic and anti fungal properties. It has been widely used in many leading brands to treat acne, athlete’s foot, burns, oily skin, rashes, warts (yes really) and wounds.
My Experience: I used to suffer from lot of rashes on my forehead due to dandruff. I took regular facials, I followed the 3 step cleansing methods, various home made treatments but nothing helped to get rid of it completely. I didn’t even pick up this product as i usually ignore anything from Ayur since I used a bad sunscreen from them years ago (it wasn’t bad but it was too oily for me). Once my sis in law told me that she had a small pimple emerging on her cheeks and it was starting to pain for her and when she used Ayur tea tree face wash at night, she found that that bump was missing in the morning. I KNOW I didn’t believe it either. I wanted to try it and see for myself and when I did, I saw the spots on my forehead and cheeks reducing in a couple of washes. I was impressed.
I have been using this facewash for about 2months now and I’m spotless and my oily skin has improved. It does dry your skin a little bit but I don’t mind since dry skin is very hard to experience with my skin type LOL. I take a tiny drop of it and add few drops of water to lather up and massage on my face and leave it on for 20 – 30 seconds or so and then rinse off, use my Lotus skin whitening bar (review coming up soon) and then rinse off, pat dry and follow with a moisturizer. Yes I wash my face twice. I feel that this facewash cleanses away my dirt and oil but does not bring fairness so I use skin whitening bar for lightening my pigmentation and bring glow to my skin. It works wonders.
What I like about Ayur Tea Tree Face Wash
- Soap free, gel based
- Little goes a long way so only tiny bit of product is needed and for me it comes for more than two months.
- Cleanses away all dirt, oil and make up
- No slippery feeling after washing
- Heals blemishes, spots, pimples etc.
- Does exactly what it says. Leaves your skin pimple free and spots free
- Comes in a tube. Very hygienic.
- Regulates oil control and keeps those spots and pimples away with regular use.
- You will get the same effect from the first wash till the last one. This doesn’t lose its powers (or whatever we call them) after few uses just like how Lakme face washes does.
- Dirt cheap for a Tea Tree oil face wash (Hello Lotus tea tree oil face wash 🙂 )
P.S When I mean spots its not dark spots. I meant the small small dot thingies like pori pori appearing due to dandruff or just anything. Everybody has come across them I guess. 🙂
What I don’t like about Ayur Tea Tree Face Wash
- It dries a little bit. May be because I keep it for 30seconds before washing it. Its not a con though some people might feel a bit dry.
- Product oozes out as soon as you open the tube. It is very runny. You need to be careful else you will be wasting lot of product.
- It is mild but does not leave your skin so soft or smooth or silky. This product never claimed it either so it’s not an issue. If you have oily or combo skin like me, you will understand.
- It has tea tree oil fragrance. People with sensitive noses might have some problem with it but it is not too strong.
Will I buy this again? Definitely again and again. I bought my second tube yesterday.
Rating: :-* :-* :-* :-* + 0.5 (0.5 for the product oozing out once we open it)
BTW it falls under “dry fresh look which leaves you a bit whitish but glowing” category and it is my HG facewash. 🙂 I would like to thank my friend Divs who helped me with the photographs 🙂
Have you used Ayur Tea Tree Face Wash? Please rate in the box below.
Also read :
- Himalaya Neem Foaming Face Wash and Ayur Exfoliating Strawberry Scrub Review
- Oily Skin :Lacto Calamine Deep Cleansing Face Wash Review
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner
- Review: Lotus Acne Gel with Tea Tree Oil and Lotus haul
- The Fab India TEA TREE Face Wash – REVIEW
- Oriflame Tea Tree Purifying Oil Review
- Oriflame Tea Tree Purifying Blemish Solver Review