Lustrous, glossy locks can add so much to your personality. We do what not to have a healthy and shiny crowning glory. I have tried so many hair products, but if I have to name the most important hair care item then it would be a hair serum.
Hair serum forms a thin protective layer on the hair strands. It provides nourishment to the hair, which leads to stronger hair, i.e. they don’t break away easily. It provides moisture to the hair, which was lost due to sun exposure, styling tools etc.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Hair serums are available in thick liquid or spray forms in the market today.
Few common ingredients:
Following are the few common ingredients present in almost all hair serums.
• Silicone: Hair serums that contain silicones like dimethicone, cyclomethicone etc can make your hair look healthy and moisturized. Silicone does not penetrate in the outer layer of our hair. Instead it smoothes the outer layer and boosts the shine of our hair.
• Glycerin: Using a serum with glycerin creates a protective barrier for our hair so that it doesn’t get damaged during heat styling.
• Fatty Alcohols: Fatty alcohols like stearyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol or cetyl alcohol help to repair the dehydrated and damaged hair.
• Conditioning Agents: Conditioning agents like cyclopentasiloxane and hydrolyzed silk, add moisture to the hair shaft and make them smooth and silky.
• Thickening Agent: Algae and algae extract are thickening agents present in a serum. It works as a water-binding agent and help bulk up a product.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
How to apply hair serum?
• Take few drops of hair serum on your palm.
• Rub your palms together and apply the serum on your shampooed hair. Let your hair dry normally, or blow-dry and style as you normally do.
• After applying the serum there is no need to wash the hair with water again.
• Protects hair from environmental damages and also against the harmful sun rays.
• Protects hair from being dull and coarse.
• Gives a shiny and glossy appearance to dull hair.
• Detangles and eases the problem of frizzy hair. It makes hair more manageable and easy to style.
• Protects our hair from styling tools damage i.e. protects against heat.
Hair serum tips:
• Never go overboard with hair serums. Use only a small amount.
• Never apply serum on the scalp.
• Avoid using hair serum on fine hair. It will weigh them down and will give a dirty and greasy appearance.
• Always try to use a serum on damp hair. It works best on damp hair rather than dry.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
Some hair serums that you may try:
Matrix Biolage Smoothing Hair Serum (Review)
Habibs Hair Serum (Review)
Livon Silky Potion (Review)
Loreal Smooth Intense Serum (Review)
Matrix Split End Hair Serum (Review)
Wella Hair Loss System Professional Energy Serum (Review)
The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum (Review)
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
Loreal Professional TEC Liss Control Hair Serum (Review)
Which is your favourite hair serum?
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
All about Hair Regrowth
Baldness in Women: Causes, Prevention and Treatment
Hair Care 4: Tips for Dry Hair
Hair Care 1: Structure of Hair
Hair Care : Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack
Hair Care 3: Tips for Healthy Hair
9 Hair Care Tips for Long Hair for Indian Women
Hair Care 2: Shampoo and Conditioner
Split Hair Ends: Home Remedies and Treatment
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne