The selfie trend is spreading on like wildfire – from stars to common man/woman/girl/uncle/aunty, everyone is in selfie mode nowadays. With the advent of smartphones with good quality cameras, taking selfies has become so easy. Since “dronies” have not yet made their presence felt in India, “selfies” are the way to go or the way to click! But do you want to look like a star in every single selfie that you click? If you are doing it, gonna do it right, ain’t it? In this post, I am listing out some tips which will help you to get that perfect selfie, of star quality, every time you press the “click” button. Read on:
1. Pick up a good camera: This is very important, unless the equipment is good, you would never be able to good quality pics. Iphone is the best smartphone to click selfies, but those who cannot afford it, there are lesser priced smartphones available with high pixel front and back cameras. Some front cameras have only VGA option which would give you low quality pics, skip those. Make sure the camera is at least 5 megapixels or higher. Some phones that click the best selfies are Iphone, Samsung NX Mini, Nikon Coolpix S6600 with swivel LCD, and Xperia C3 which comes with a LED flash for the front camera. This particular camera can take a wide angle view to click groupies also.
2. Do not hold the camera too close: You wouldn’t want to look big and wider in your selfies, isn’t it? Hold the phone at a distance that shows your face in a flattering way. Bringing the camera too close will add pounds to your features and make them appear big and wide, you see!
3. Do Not Stand in front of Bright Light: Pics where you are standing in front of the light source, would obviously turn out completely dark. Click your selfie in a properly illuminated area where the light is equally distributed.
4. Wear matte makeup: If your face is oily and shiny, the oily sheen will show up prominently in selfie pics. Wear matte makeup and if there’s oil oozing from your pores, do remember to blot and powder it out before you press the click button.
5. Light it up properly: As mentioned earlier, proper lighting is very important. Make sure there’s adequate lighting before clicking. Experiment with different lights – natural light, artificial light, incandescent light, and light up what works best for you.
6. Hide that outstretched hand: I have seen some selfies where the outstretched hand becomes the center of attention instead of the face. Adjust the settings and angle in such a way that the outstretched hand does not look odd in the pic.
7. Keep your hands steady: If your hands are not steady, you would end up with shaky and blurry pics, obviously.
8. Fish lips are outdated: Please stop clicking yourself with fish lips, they are so outdated. The day of Kim Kardashian’s fishy pouts are over – cute and girly pouts are in!
9. Background check: Before you go full on into the selfie mode, do a background check – make sure there are no undies and undergarments lying on the bed and garbage cans in the sight. You do not want to make your selfie unsightly, right?
10. Pig nose selfies are not funny: Stressing on point #2, don’t hold the camera too close in a way that shows your nostrils up too close. It ain’t funny at all!
11. Play it up with mascara: Flutter those curly and beautiful lashes in selfies, mascara will never ditch you!
12. Flattering angles: Click multiple pics and find out which angle makes you look the best. Try to stick to that angle for your future selfies.
Makeup Products That Would Make You Look Like A Bollywood Star
Best Bollywood Selfie Clicks
Bollywood Actresses in Anarkali
Bollywood Actresses in Tarun Tahiliani Outfits
Bollywood Actresses in Shehla Khan Outfits
Bollywood Actresses in Naeem Khan Outfits
Bollywood Actresses in Kanjivaram Silk Sarees
Bollywood Actresses in Sabyasachi Outfits
Bollywood Actresses in Designer Neeta Lulla Outfits
Bollywood Actresses in Manish Malhotra Outfits
Bollywood Stars and Their Luxury Bags
Wardrobe Malfunctions of Bollywood Stars
Must Have Pieces in Indian Women’s Wardrobe
Top 10 Wardrobe Essentials
Basic Must Haves in Your Wardrobe
How to Arrange your Wardrobe & Accessories
Winter Wardrobe Essentials
Wardrobe Organizing Tips
Five Wardrobe Must Haves for the Indian Woman
Top 5 Must-Have Beige Stuff in Your Wardrobe
Bollywood Actresses in Little Black Dress
Bollywood Actresses in Saree
Bollywood Actresses who Lost Weight
Bollywood Actresses Without Makeup
Makeup/ Fashion Lessons from Bollywood Actresses
Siblings of Famous Bollywood Actresses
Top 5 Bollywood Actresses with Good Makeup: IMBB Survey
Hair, Makeup and Fashion Trends of Bollywood Actresses of 1930′s
8 Best Dressed Bollywood Actresses
Top Bollywood Actresses in Backless Dresses
Towering Beauties of Bollywood
8 Bollywood Actresses who have Undergone Plastic Surgery
Survey Result: Top 5 Bollywood Actresses With Best Makeup
Bollywood Actresses Who Have Had Breast Implants
Top 10 Bollywood and Hollywood Plastic Surgery Disasters
How to Become a Fashion Designer
Fashion Designer Manish Arora
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick – Designer
Designer Half Sarees: A Rising Trend
15 Tips To Look Slim in Indian Outfits
My Indian Wedding Outfits!
7 Great Tips on How To Wear a White Outfit
15 thoughts on “How To Take Selfie Like a Star”
Wao article jomol *clap* *clap* *puchhi*
who is the girl in the last pic?? some new actress? so cute
She is actress bhavana.She works for Malayalam and tail movies…quite famous.. *haan ji* 🙂
Superb post once again jomol… *clap*
Great post *jalwa* …but first, let me take a selfie… *jogging* *jogging* *preen*
Every point check! 😀 yah! My selfie is perfect 😛 Fun post Jomol 😀
Good garl…..yeh lo *hunterwali* *hunterwali*
hahaha.. Nice article Jomol! *powder* *preen*
Great pose…i think i clicl decent selfies 🙂
These are some superb tips! With “selfie” going viral its high time I try some myself!
Excellent post Jomol di.. *woot* Yeah clicking the best selfie always comes with practice.. I always click selfies 😛 😛
all points checked *preen* *preen* *preen*
off for a selfie *jalwa* *jalwa* *jalwa*
i love such posts by you *happydance* *happydance*
Thanks for reading parul *pompom* *happy dance*
mera to 2mp front cam hi hai *scared* …but it gives cute enough pics *haan ji* …warna nikon coolpix zindabaaad 😀 😀
Lighting makes or breaks the selfie.