Hello Ladies and Moms,
This is the latest sunscreen from “Nivea” which is specifically made for kids, but can easily be used by ladies. I bought this for my baby and have used it a couple of times and here is what I think about it.
Nivea Sun provides immediate protection against sunburn, long-term skin damage and helps reduce the risk of sun allergies. Very water resistant.
How To Use:
- Do not expose young children to direct sunlight.
- Apply before sun exposure enough to give a visible layer before rubbing in, let it dry then reapply to ensure adequate coverage and no missed areas.
- Even when protected avoid intensive midday sun (11 am-3 pm).
- Apply generously before sun exposure and reapply frequently especially after swimming and toweling.
- For young children wear protective clothing (cap, t-shirt, shorts) and apply high SPF-sunscreen on sun-exposed areas (face, arms, legs).
- Avoid contact with textiles and hard surfaces.
Aqua, Octocrylene, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Butylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Alcohol Denat., Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Dicaprylyl, Carbonate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Myristyl, Myristate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, VP/Hexadecene, Copolymer, Sodium Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Trimethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Parfum.
Especially formulated for children’s delicate skin. It protects against sun burn and long term sun damage and helps reduce the skin allergies. Vitamin E helps protect the skin against free radicals. Reinforces skin’s own natural UV defenses. The NON STICKY formula keeps skin smooth and supple. Extra Water resistant.
My Experience with Nivea Sun Kids Sunscreen with SPF 50 PA ++:
I picked it up at the strong behest of the shopkeeper. He was like, “this is one of the fastest moving products in my shop, my mom also uses it,” etc., and now I wonder why?!
The product is nice as in the packaging. It comes in a flip lid so that makes it easier to take out and it does not spill, but I do not like the fragrance. It smells a bit like a medicinal product or maybe like typical sunscreens. Second, since it is slightly cream or rather light yellow in color, it leaves a tint on the face when applied. So, people with my skin color may find it difficult to use as it puts on a layer of application on the face! But my daughter is kind of fair and it works fine on her.
About the protection, I have not noticed anything major about it on myself, but again, for my daughter, it works well. She goes out in the sun more than me and it has managed to keep her protected without causing any rashes, breakouts, etc.
It claims to have a very high SPF with both UVA and UVB protection. So, that is a plus. It is also moisturizing in nature, lightweight in texture, and gets absorbed easily and yes, it is water resistant! I have tested it.
Here is a swatch:
Here you can see a light tint on the skin.
Pros of Nivea Sun Kids Sunscreen with SPF 50 PA ++:
- Does not contain any irritating or harmful chemicals.
- Safe for children, so will be safe on your skin too.
- Gives adequate protection.
- Packaging is nice.
- Contains high SPF with UVA and UVB protection.
- Water resistant.
- Moisturizing in nature.
Cons of Nivea Sun Kids Sunscreen with SPF 50 PA ++:
- Smells like typical sunscreens though the smell fades away in a few minutes.
- It leaves a layer on my skin.
- This is the first sunscreen I got for my baby, so cannot compare it with other baby sunscreens, but for adults, there are many better products available that give great value for lesser price.
Will I Repurchase Nivea Sun Kids Sunscreen with SPF 50 PA ++?
Not for myself, but for my baby – yes, I may.
4/5 (as per a baby’s product).
Nivea Lip Care Repair & Protection Lip Balm
Nivea Fresh Natural Ocean Extracts Deodorant
Nivea Visage Refreshing Cleansing Milk
Avon Lip Balm vs Nivea Lip Balm
Nivea Fruity Shine Pomegranate Tinted Lip Balm
Nivea Nourishing Body Milk
Nivea Smooth Body Milk
Nivea Sun Moisturizing Immediate Sun Protection
Nivea Fruity Shine Pink Guava Lip Balm
Nivea Caregloss & Shine
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Sun Defense for Face SPF 50
Clinique Sun SPF 50 Face Cream
Lakme Sun Expert Sunscreen Cucumber Lemongrass SPF 24
Aroma Magic Sun Block SPF 50
Best Sunscreen for Fair and Normal-Dry Skin: Ask IMBB
Sunscreen: Sunscreens Facts, SPF and Application
Aroma Magic Cucumber Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30
Ayur Sunscreen Protection+Fairness SPF 30 + EverYuth Face Pack
Fabindia Vitamin E Sunscreen SPF 30
Lotus Herbals Intensive Sunblock Spray with SPF 50
Biotique Red Sandalwood Lotion With SPF 50
La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 50+
Biore UV Perfect Face Milk with SPF 50+ PA+++
Avon Sunblock Lotion SPF 40 PA+++
Mentholatum SunPlay Clear Water SPF50 PA+++