WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Enliven Conditioners Review
Hey you guys! 🙂 I have not been on IMBB for quite some time, as I was busy with a lot of accounts at work. Now that that’s done, I can finally get back to my regular schedule :happydance:
Now, after moving to India, I have found it pretty hard to get hold of silicone-free conditioners. For one, they not readily available. For another, even if they are available, they are priced ridiculously high (I am not going to pay that much for your basic drugstore Suave).
So, when I recently found that Enliven had started being sold here, I was overjoyed :toothygrin:
First, a little bit about the company:
Enliven is a modern range of high quality health & beauty products especially created to satisfy today’s consumer needs.
The Enliven range is made in England at our own factory called DCS Manufacturing in Stratford-upon-Avon where we are BRC certified and thus can ensure consistent high quality products. By creating both high quality and good value we aim to gain our customers lifetime loyalty to the Enliven brand. We have sold over 20 million bottles since the brand was established.
Enliven is available in 60 countries worldwide and we have sold over 50 million bottles since we established. We sold 10 million bottles abroad in last year alone.
I have used Enliven lotion before, back home, and had forgotten about this brand for quite some years now. Seeing the familiar bottles at the store, I bought on a bout of nostalgia!
2 years at least.
Enliven conditioner has been specially formulated with natural extracts to leave your hair soft, full of luster, and easy to comb.
Directions: Massage into ends of hair and rinse thoroughly.
The conditioner comes in a very nice looking white plastic bottle, with easy screw caps. The bottle is very sturdy, and looks amazing in the shower :haanji:
The conditioner is extremely thick and creamy. So, even though the mouth of the bottle is bigger than your average bottle, you won’t have any problem of it gushing out.
Rs. 160 for 13.54 fl.oz. (400 ml).
There are three of them:
1. Kiwi and fig.
2. Raspberry and red apple.
3. Coconut and vanilla.
So far, all the points I have mentioned are common to all variants. Henceforth, I shall write about the differences, if any, between the variants.
The raspberry and red apple one smells divine. The kiwi and fig is good, but not “divine.” I cannot detect any fig, but it’s pretty nice, still. Now, comes the funny part. “Coconut and vanilla” conjures up an image of this toasty and heavenly smell. Unfortunately, it smells to me like bug spray. Baygon? Yeah, Baygon. So, I buy it only if I absolutely need conditioner and the others are not in stock. One good thing is that there is absolutely no trace of the smell once you rinse it out, so in that way it isn’t a problem. However, it is slightly unpleasant standing in the shower with bug spray on your head. :haanji:
1. Kiwi and Fig: Aqua, cetearyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, parfum, actinidia chinensis, ficus carica, panthenol, citric acid, phenoxyethanol, methyldibromo glutaronitrile, methylparaben, sorbitol, propylene glycol, isopropyl myristate
2. Raspberry and Red Apple: Aqua, cetearyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, parfum, rubus idaeus, pyrus mallus, panthenol, citric acid, phenoxyethanol, methyldibromo glutaronitrile, methylparaben, sorbitol, propylene glycol
3. Coconut and Vanilla: I don’t know, as I don’t have a bottle at hand right now.
The pictures were taken almost a month ago :P. Look at how thick it is!
1. Actually works! Makes hair really soft and works as a detangling treatment too. One day, I fell asleep in the afternoon, and my hair wasn’t tied (I normally tie it if I’m going to take a nap to keep it from getting tangled). My hair was pretty messed up when I awoke and this conditioner worked beautifully to detangle it :yahoo:
2. Doesn’t contain silicones. This is a plus point for me as I am an ardent believer in non-silicone hair products.
4. Nice packaging.
5. Long shelf life.
6. Smells real nice (except for the Baygon one 😛 ).
7. I feel that less quantity is needed as compared to other conditioners I have used
8. Does not leave any unwanted residue in my hair.
9. Washes out easy.
10. Works well as a leave in, and even as a styling aid. However, for it to give you hold, you’ll need to apply a good amount to really wet hair, and then let dry in the same position. This is true for basically any conditioner as well.
1. Baygon!!! The smell doesn’t last, though, so the unpleasant issue lasts only for a few minutes. At least, the others smell real nice 😀
Do I Recommend?
I would definitely recommend this to anyone who needs a good basic silicone-free conditioner. However, being imported, I do not know of its availability in various parts of India. Oh, and this is some random info on the cap:
Also, there are some people who are under the misconception that our hair ‘needs’ silicone to look tamed and frizz free. This topic is material for a whole other article, so I won’t delve into the details here. However, just in case there is anyone who thinks so, I have sent a few pictures of my hair after using this conditioner, and you can see for yourself that silicones aren’t “needed.” By the way, I have dry and very curly hair 🙂
P.S. I like hiding my face 😛
Oh, and this last picture is after a nap 😛 And please excuse the tiny dots of light reflected that make me look like I have oddly-placed dandruff!
Thank you for reading! 🙂
Fab India Aloe Vera Protein Conditioner
Biotique Bio Watercress Fresh Nourishing Conditioner
L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo and Conditioner
Shampoo & Conditioner for Damaged Hair : Ask IMBB
Boots Seawood Conditioner
Avon Advance Techniques Moisture Sleek Smoothing Conditioner
The Body Shop Rainforest Shine Conditioner
Khadi Herbal Hair Conditioner with Vanilla and Honey
L’Oreal Nutri-Gloss Conditioner
Oriflame Hairx Daily Care Leave-in Conditioner
Sunsilk Hair Fall Solution Shampoo and Conditioner
Dove Intense Damage Therapy- Shampoo and Conditioner
Richfeel Scalp Cleanser Shampoo and Conditioner
Revlon Aqua Marine Hair Conditioner
Himalaya Hair Detangler and Conditioner
Schwarzkopf Repair Rescue Conditioner
Lush NEW! Shampoo Bar and American Cream Conditioner
The Body Shop Olive Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner
Kiehl’s Olive Fruit Oil Nourishing Shampoo + Conditioner
Dove Daily Shine Therapy with Advanced Serum Shampoo + Conditioner
Oriflame White Nettle & Papaya 2- in- 1 Anti-Dandruff Shampoo & Conditioner