Spa PARADISA is a UK-based bath and body brand which offers paraben-free products. They are the Pure Beauty Award winners of 2008.
They have four variety of products based on the fragrance:
- Renew Your Skin – Scent of coconut and frangipani.
- Indulge your skin – Scent of exotic jasmine and Ylang-Ylang.
- Revive your skin – invigorating fragrance of juicy water melon and pink grapefruit.
- Love your skin – seductive aroma of passion fruit and shea butter.
The one in this review comes in “indulge your skin” category.
£ 8; around 600 INR.
The Indulge Your Skin offering has an exotic fragrance jasmine and Ylang-Ylang and will pamper your body’s every desire with its bounty of passion flower extracts, sweet almond oil and cocoa butter.
What I Feel about Spa Paradisa Jasmine and Ylang-Ylang Body Butter with Shea Butter and Avocado Oil:
This is a result of my search for paraben-free products. My cousin brought me this product on his trip to India. When I first opened the tub, I was sold. It has a natural fragrance; not overwhelming, but very mild and lingering. I was new to body butters when I tried this one. I didn’t know that body butters are so thick in nature.
At first, I took a bit too much of it from the tub and ended up wasting a lot. It’s a thick body butter and while applying, I had to massage for about one minute to get it absorbed. Due to the thick nature, it is better to use it only at night time. In the morning, you can see fresh and moisturized skin without any dry patches anywhere. I have dry body skin and extremely dry arms. It takes care of the dryness very well. I have almost emptied this tub, and now I feel sad that it will be finished soon, so I use it sparingly only.
Summing up the pros and cons of Spa Paradisa Jasmine and Ylang-Ylang Body Butter with Shea Butter and Avocado Oil:
Pros of Spa Paradisa Jasmine and Ylang-Ylang Body Butter with Shea Butter and Avocado Oil:
- Free from parabens and it doesn’t have any synthetic colors too.
- Has ylang-ylang, Avocado oil, Sweet almond oil, Shea butter, Cocoa, passion flower extracts, etc., which are considered to be beneficial for the skin.
- Smell is really refreshing and I don’t think it will even hurt the sensitive noses. 😀
- Good moisturizing effect, no dryness felt after its application.
Cons of Spa Paradisa Jasmine and Ylang-Ylang Body Butter with Shea Butter and Avocado Oil:
- Not available in India.
- It is very thick and I find it very time consuming to apply it during day time.
- It didn’t remove my tan, not that it claimed so, but I had expected a body butter to remove the tan on my arms.
- Tub packing, but all body butters come in tub packing.
Will I Buy Spa Paradisa Jasmine and Ylang-Ylang Body Butter with Shea Butter and Avocado Oil Again?
Do I Recommend Spa Paradisa Jasmine and Ylang-Ylang Body Butter with Shea Butter and Avocado Oil?
If you can get this, give it a try. It’s rare to find paraben-free products which works well.
Please share your favorite body butter and any recommendations for paraben-free products.
Fabindia Jasmine Calming and Rejuvenating Soap
Estee Lauder Private Collection Jasmine White Moss Body Creme
Bath and Body Works Night Blooming Jasmine Body Lotion
L’occitane Vert Green Tea and Jasmine Hand Cream
Good Look Refreshing Facial Wipes Jasmine
The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter
The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter and Soap
The Body Shop Aqua Lily Body Lotion
The Body Shop Body Butter Duo
The Body Shop Moringa Body Butter
The Body Shop Shea Body Butter
The Body Shop Wild Cherry Puree Body Lotion
The Body Shop Lychee Blossom launches in India
The Body Shop Dewberry Bath and Shower Gel + Body Lotion
The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Butter
The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion
Jergens Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Moisturizer
L’occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream
Olay Ultra Moisture Lotion with Shea Butter
SkinFood Shea Butter Hand Lotion
Oriflame Overnight Foot Cream with Avocado
Fabindia Avocado Shampoo
FabIndia Avocado Conditioner