Today, I am sharing a DIY of a product which is dear to all of us i.e., rose water. Although rose water is easily available in the market being sold by various brands but nothing beats homemade rosewater and this one is the purest form of rose water with additional benefits. We all are aware of the benefits of rose water, it is a great cleanser and aids in removing oils from the clogged pores. It reduces redness and has anti-inflammatory properties. It helps in removing impurities from the face and has great toning properties. In short, it is a great magical liquid!!
- Fresh plucked rose petals.
- Rose oil (optional).
- Lavender Oil.
- Distilled/Filtered water.
1. Let us first see the process of making rose water. Today, I will be sharing two methods of making rose water:
- Direct extraction process.
- Steam distillation process.
- Wash the fresh plucked rose petals and place them in a glass bowl along with distilled water enough to cover the petals. For 100 ml of water, use petals of 3-4 flowers.
- Now, either microwave it or put it on flame and simmer it until the petals lose their color.
- Now, strain the rose water and let it cool.
Steam- Distillation Process:
- Take a pan and keep a bowl in the centre (you can place it on a stone also to prevent it from floating or just add some weight in the bowl itself).
- Now add rose petals and distilled water around the bowl.
- Now, take a lid and invert it so that the tapered side is on the inner part. Put it on the pan and cover it completely so that no heat comes out.
- Switch on the stove and put it on simmer flame. Let it boil. Add some ice on top of the lid, this will speed up the process of precipitation and more droplets will form on the lid.
- These droplets will slowly get collected in the bowl via tapered lid.
- This liquid is the purest form of the rose water. Let it cool and transfer it to spray bottles.
- Now, we have the rosewater ready. You can either use as it is. It is equally beneficial but I like it to be more concentrated. So, add 10-12 drops of rose oil in 100 ml of quantity.
- Now, add 9-10 drops of lavender oil in the liquid and shake well and your rose water toner is ready.
- Refrigerate it and use it every day and at any time of day. It is very good and refreshes your face instantly.
P.S: You might be wondering that my rose water looks amber in color and honey-like. The reason is that I had put too much petals required for that much quantity of water. Please do not put too much petals in the water, otherwise the water will turn dark in color. You would want to have it light pink in color.
- You can add dry rose petals to the rose water if you do not have rose oil.
- Add some witch hazel to give it astringent like properties.
- You can freeze this rose water. So whenever your face needs a kick, just grab an ice cube and glide it all over your face.
- You can use it as an everyday hair-treatment, just add 10-15 drops of rosemary oil to this solution and voila your hair concoction is ready. You can use it daily for your dose of scalp moisturisation.
Hope you all liked my this DIY and will try it at home. Until then, stay rosey rosey!!
Homemade Soothing Eye Mask: Do It Yourself
How To Make Ginger Infused Skin Nourishment Pack: DIY
Aroma Magic Almond Nourishing Cream
Chanel Precision Hydramax + Active Nutrition Nourishing Cream
Fab India Coral Glow Face Pack
Easy Homemade Face Packs for Dry and Oily Skin
Anti Aging Homemade Face Pack (With Photos)
Biotique Pistachio Ageless Nourishing & Revitalizing Face Pack
Lotus Herbals Face Pack Review: Teatreeclear,Claywhite, Marinyouth
10 Tips for Glowing Skin from Kitchen Shelf
Homemade Turmeric Face Pack for Skin
Aroma Magic Mineral Face Pack Detoxifying Mask
Jovees Anti Tan and Clarifying Herbal Face Pack
Homemade Face Pack for Skin Whitening
Dhathri Fairness Face Pack
Aroma Magic Calamine Face Pack Acne Skin
Everyuth Home Facial- Papaya Face Pack
Olay Age Protect Anti-Ageing Cream
Garnier Wrinkle Lift Anti-Ageing Cream
Everyuth Natural Cucumber Face Pack
Biotique Milk Protein Face Pack
Anti Aging Homemade Face Pack (With Photos)
Freeman Clay Mask with Avocado and Oatmeal
Lotus Herbals Skin Polisher : Kiwi & Grapes
Jovees Rose Skin Toner
VLCC Skin Defense Sandal Cleansing Milk & Rose Water Toner
Lotus Herbals RoseTone
Nivea Lip Butter Raspberry Rose Kiss
Biotique Cucumber Water Toner
Top 15 Homemade Face Toner Recipes
Homemade Toners for Dry Skin
Lush Tea Tree Water
Ayur Herbal Skin Toner
How To Make Clear Envelope Clutch: Do It Yourself
Face Pack For Open Pores: Do It Yourself
Rose and Sugar Face Scrub: Do It Yourself
Coffee and Oatmeal Body Scrub: Do It Yourself
Hydrating Face Pack: Do It Yourself