Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash (With Shea Butter) Review
While browsing through the various shower and body care products at one of the e-commerce sites, I happened to come across Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash (With Shea Butter) and I decided to buy it as it claims to provide a 24-hour moisture formula; considering that the winters are around the corner, this one seemed to be a good idea. Now, that I am using it for quite sometime, I am going to review it here today.
Product Being Reviewed:
Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash (With Shea Butter).
Rs. 210 for 354 ml (I got it at a discounted price of Rs 190).
What Does the Product Claim?
The result of over 50 years of Olay Skin Science, Olay body washes go beyond clean to improve the condition of skin over time. With continued use, skin becomes soft, smooth and beautiful.
1 Use- Cleans and conditions skin, with immediate relief for dry areas.
1 Week- Moisturizes skin to be lush and nourished.
1 Bottle- Makes skin healthy looking and resistant to future dryness. Use with Olay Ultra Moisture Lotion for 24 hour dry skin relief.
WATER, PETROLATUM, AMMONIUM LAURETH SULPHATE, AMMONIUM LAURYL SULFATE, SODIUM LAUROAMPHOACETATE, LAURIC ACID, FRARANCE, TRIHYDROXYSTREARIN, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) EXTRACT, SODIUM CHLORIDE, GUAR HYDROXTPROPYLTRUMONIUM CHLORIDE, CITRIC ACID, DMDM HYDANTOIN, SODIUM BENZIATE, DUSODIUM EDTA, TEG-14M.
Directions For Use:
For use in shower or bath: Squeeze a small amount of product onto wet puff. Lather and rinse. For shaving: Use Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash as a shaving aid, then rinse.
My Experience with Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash:
It comes in a white bottle with splashes of yellow and orange. The cap is yellow and can be flip-opened at the top. The thick and creamy texture of the body wash looks akin to any of those Dove shampoos; it smells sweet and mild. If used without a shower puff, the body wash feels a bit slimy when spread along the body with the help of palms; it doesn’t lather too! But, when used with the help of a loofah, it lathers abundantly and only a little bit of body wash is sufficient. I find it quite apt for dry skin and I feel, it would be a good way to treat the skin while taking a shower during cold winters, when the skin tends to become rough and dry. I am quite happy with the body wash and I am loving it thoroughly. Moreover, I am not using it with Olay Ultra Moisture Lotion as recommended; I pair it with my Lotus Cherry Bliss lotion and it suits me perfectly.
Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash (With Shea Butter) Pros:
- It claims to make skin healthy, nourished, smooth and soft; it is clearly printed what is to be expected from the use of this product on a daily basis.
- When used along with a wet puff, a little amount of shower cream is required for washing the whole body.
- It lathers well and cleans the body effectively.
- It does not rob away the moisture content and gives a soft and nourished feeling after bath; herein, it meets the claims made.
- It keeps the skin moisturized and is really better than many other soapy formulas which make the skin feel dry and rough.
- It comes at an affordable price of Rs. 210 for a bottle of 354 ml!
- The fragrance is mild and pleasant.
- The bottle is convenient to use and the packaging is good.
- The creamy texture of the shower cream makes it apt as a shaving aid and, as claimed by the product itself, it can also be used as a shaving aid. Hence, it is a two-in-one recipe!
Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash (With Shea Butter) Cons:
I have not been able to find out too much of a con as far as this product is concerned. However, here are a couple of things which can be referred to as a disadvantage:
- The product claims that skin would be more and more nourished and moisturized with every use. For instance, it claims that after one use skin is cleaned and conditioned; after one week, skin feels moisturized, lush and nourished. Using a bottle would make skin resistant to future dryness. These set of outcomes is not much perceptible individually and it is difficult to distinguish the effects though I must admit that the skin feels soft and smooth. Moreover, I feel that this ‘resistance against future dryness’ is a too much thing to claim.
- It needs to be used with a wet puff without which, the essence of the body wash is gone. (I bought the puff, shown in the images, separately).
Would I Recommend Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash (With Shea Butter)?
I would like to recommend it definitely as it is indeed worth a try.
Olay Natural White Day Cream
Olay Natural White Healthy Fairness Day Lotion
Olay Total Effects Anti Ageing Cream (Moisturizer)
Olay Daily Facials Hydrating Cleansing Cloths
Olay Natural White Fairness Day Cream
Olay Body Wash – Spa Exfoliating Ribbons
Olay Total Effects Foaming Cleanser
Olay Age Defying Body Wash with VitaNiacin
Olay in-shower Body Lotion (Age Defying)
Olay Men Solutions Eye Gel
Olay Regenerist Targeted Tone Enhancer
Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti Ageing Cream Normal
La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 100+
Garnier Ultra Doux Nourishing Hair Oil
Estee Lauder High Gloss Ultra Brilliance Lip Gloss- Jewel
Dove Beauty Body Wash
Victoria’s Secret Romantic Wish Exhilarating Body Wash
Victoria’s Secret Spa : Body Wash, Scrub, Lotion
Lux Silk Nourishment Body Wash
KKhadi Herbal Face & Body Wash Sandalwood & Honey
Fabindia Citrus Lemon Body Wash
FabIndia Avocado Body Wash
Lux Magical Spell Fine Fragrance Elixirs Body Wash
The Body Shop White Musk Sport Hair and Body Wash and The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso Cleansing Powder
Palmolive Thermal Spa Firming Shower Gel