Biotique Bio Carrot Face and Body Sun Lotion
A big hello to all the pretty ladies, the festival season is almost here, starting from the coming Monday, it will be the first day of Durga Puja, i.e. Saptami. Since Durga Puja = lots of going out in the sun and pandal hopping, I thought of writing about my favorite sunscreen lotion of all times, The Biotique Bio Carrot Face and body Sun lotion. I had bought and used this sunscreen when I was going on a vacation to Rajasthan, and I’ve used this sunscreen while I was in the deserts of Jaisalmer and have been using this ever since. Read on to know why.
What Does the Product Claim:
This nutrient rich lotion protects skin with broad spectrum SPF 40 UVA/UVB sunscreen.
Organically pure and preservative free.
Dermatologically tested for safety.
No animal testing.
This is not a cosmetic product.
It has therapeutic properties.
How To Use:
Apply liberally before sun exposure. Reapply as needed, after swimming or perspiring activities. Helps reduce the risk of skin aging, skin cancer and other harmful effects of the sun.
INR 199 for 120 ml/4.2 fl. Oz.
3 years from date of manufacturing.
My Opinion About the Product:
I have been using this sunscreen every time I go out in the sun. It is moisturizing, so you don’t need a separate moisturizer with this. It has SPF 40, blocks not only UVA but also UVB rays. It has protected me in the Thar desert. I came back without much tanning. I think I should have re-applied, but unfortunately forgot to put it in my bag. I mix it with my liquid foundation when going out in the sun, and it stays put for about an hour or two after which I need to touch up. I’ve found that it needs to be rubbed a bit to get absorbed in the skin and also feels heavy on the skin. For that price, it’s a good quantity and all natural ingredients too, yay!!
It has carrot which is known for its skin care properties. It contains a lot of glucose, salt of potassium, cobalt, iron, copper, iodine. Carrot is valued highly because of its provitamin A (carotene). But it also it has many other vitamins like C, D, K, E and vitamins of group B.
Let me just quickly summarize the pros and cons of this product:
1. SPF 40, blocks UVA and UVB rays, so great product to use when out in sun for long.
2. Moisturizing but not oily.
3. Price is justified for the quality and quantity.
4. It is written on the bottle that this is an ayurvedic medicine, hence the light medicinal fragrance and I do happen to like it too.
5. Easily available at drug stores. I got mine from VIVA.
6. Completely natural ingredients, all are mentioned on the bottle.
7. Not tested on animals.
8. Sturdy packaging. I’ve travelled a lot with this bottle and it has not even once leaked.
1. I wish there was a pump like dispenser or at least a plug with a hole. I have had instances when I got too much product on my hands and then I go about the house smearing them on hubby and baby!!
2. Does feel a little heavy on the skin, like I know I’m wearing a sunscreen.
3. It takes time to get into the skin completely.
4. The packaging could have been a little exciting. This one is plain boring. Round bottle with a round green cap.
Apart from these cons, I really didn’t have any issues with this sun lotion. It is cheap, effective and travel friendly. I like it a lot. By the way, I came across this really cool MAKE-AT-HOME face mask with carrot for oily skin:
Mix 3 tablespoons of carrot juice with 2 tablespoons of sour cabbage juice. Wet gauze napkins in the mixture and put on the face for 5 minutes. Then wash the face. Make this mask some times a week and your skin will become tender with healthy color.
Biotique Almond Kajal
Biotique Pistachio Ageless Nourishing & Revitalizing Face Pack
Skin Care with Biotique Botanical Extracts
Biotique Bio Watercress Fresh Nourishing Conditioner
Biotique Cocobutter Cream
Biotique Cucumber Pore Tightening Freshener
Biotique Red Sandalwood Lotion With SPF 50
Bio Wheat Biotique Wheat Germ Cream
Biotique Bio Redwood Tinted Moisturizer
Biotique Sun Protection SPF 75
Biotique Myristica Pack
Biotique Bio Saffron Dew
Biotique Chlorophyll Gel
Biotique Honey Cream Soap Free Body Cleanser
Biotique Mountain Ebony Fresh Growth Stimulating Serum
Biotique Seaweed Eye Gel & Almond Under eye Cream
Biotique Bio Peach Clarifying & Refining Peel-off Mask
Biotique Honey Gel Lightening Foaming Cleanser
Biotique Coconut Milk Cream
Best Sunscreen for Fair and Normal-Dry Skin: Ask IMBB
Sunscreen: Sunscreens Facts, SPF and Application
Aroma Magic Cucumber Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30
Ayur Sunscreen Protection+Fairness SPF 30 + EverYuth Face Pack
Fabindia Vitamin E Sunscreen SPF 30
Lakme Fairness Sunscreen Sun Expert Range Photos, Info
Kaya Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin
Sunscreen for Beach : Ask IMBB
Lakme Sun Expert Fairness Sunscreen – Oily Skin
La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- biotique sunscreen lotion review
- biotique bio carrot review