WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Rimmel London Colour Rush Quad Eye Shadow – 002 Smokey Brun
Hi too all my IMBB gang again:)
I am so glad that my first review got published. Today, I am here with my second review. I am going to review Colour Rush Quad Eyeshadow (shade 002 Smokey Brun) from Rimmel London.
I love smokey eyes and so I was in search of a good shadow to start practicing the look. Then, I have purchased this small eye shadow “Smokey Brun” from Rimmel London from Boots Store here in Cheltenham before 2 months. Now, I am really in love with this Rimmel Glam product.
Comes with a price tag of 6.63 GBP, which is equivalent to 516 INR.
Comes in a small box with a small sponge applicator and overall quantity is 4 g.
Product Description by Rimmel London:
Perfect shade that will last as long as you can, neither creasing nor fading, making it the perfect long-wear eyeshadow. Available in 9 beautiful shades.
Ingredient List: I took it from the website.
Mica, talc, dimethicone, caprylic/Capric triglyceride, magnesium Stearate, polyethylene terephthalate, Polyurethane-11, synthetic fluorphlogopite, aloe barbadensis Leaf extract, ethylhexyl dimethyl Paba, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, tin oxide. [may contain/ peut Contenir/+/-: iron oxides (ci 77499,Ci 77492, ci 77491), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), fd&c blue no. 1 aluminum lake
(ci 42090), fd&c yellow no. 5 aluminum lake (ci 19140), fd&c red no. 40 aluminum lake
(ci16035), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), Carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), ultramarines (ci 77007), Aluminum powder (ci 77000)].
My Views on Rimmel London Colour Rush Quad Eye Shadow – 002 Smokey Brun:
I am using this product since 2 months now and I use my ELF primer before applying the eyeshadow. Now, the packaging might have changed, but the shades are the same. I noticed that the shadows are super smooth and its pressed well, no chalkiness.
It blends well and the wonderful factor is that, in this small palette, you get all the shadows of equal size.
Each quad has four coordinating eyeshadows to give you a complete eye makeover. I have included the swatches for you. Now, let’s move on to the shades, I will start from the first shade and will go clockwise, dark chocolate brown. This is the darkest shade and it does a great job of adding definition to the outer V area as well as smudging out for smokey looks. It can else be used as a liner, wet or dry. This is a superb pretty dark color in the palette.
Bronze Brown, this is a bronze brown shadow. It’s awesome for crease work or making a brown smokey eye. It can be used along your lower lash line.
Champagne, this is the highlighting shadow. Its a golden champagne one. It will look prettier on the inner one third of lid or tear duct area.
Taupe brown, it’s a great mid tone brown. I love using this all over the lid by itself for a simple look or incorporating with these or other shadows.
These shadows have a satin finish than matte. They have a shimmer throughout, but it doesn’t show up on the lid. I couldn’t detect any fall-outs. Overall, this palette has all the neutral shades and it can be called a small warm palette.
Pros of Rimmel London Colour Rush Quad Eye Shadow – 002 Smokey Brun:
- 9 shades to choose from.
- Easy to blend and apply.
- No creasing, lasts longer when applied along with a good primer.
- Good for smokey eyes.
Cons of Rimmel London Colour Rush Quad Eye Shadow – 002 Smokey Brun:
- Availability might be an issue. I think you can order online through drugstore, but I don’t know about shipping charges.
- No expiry date mentioned.
Will I Repurchase Rimmel London Colour Rush Quad Eye Shadow – 002 Smokey Brun?
Yeah definitely, I already did, 🙂 got many other shades to try. I have gone through many smokey eye tutorials and I am giving you some of the steps to create a simple look.
- Get prepared – Begin by applying an eye primer or the lightest possible concealer to the under eye area and all over the top lid. This step prepares your eyes for the eye shadow that you are going to apply.
- Using Liner – First, line both the top and bottom rims with an eye pencil, paying close attention to going into the lash line itself. If you have small eyes, apply liner starting from the middle of the under eye to the outside of the eye. If your eyes are large feel free to line from corner to corner.
- Adding Eye Shadow – With a small eyeshadow, brush soften the edges of the eye pencil line.
- Apply a dark shadow using a sponge-tip applicator, smudge brush and smudge. This shadow will help to set and soften the look.
- Final Touch – Apply a lighter shadow in a neutral tone with a larger eye shadow brush. Be sure to soften outward for the perfect blended look. Add your favourite mascara.
- Cleaning up the extra’s – Brush away any shadow that has fallen below the eyes with a fluffy brush and clean up any areas that have smeared with a q-tip.
- If you need more dramatic look – add more shadow and mascara! If you are looking for the most dramatic effect be sure to curl those lashes and apply 2-3 coats of super black mascara. Want your eyes to look larger, pull your liner upward when lining your bottom lashes instead of out from the top liner! This will make your eyes look larger and rounder!
- For a classic smokey eye look, lightly line lips with a natural color and add some sheer color in peach, caramel, or pink. You can also try using a nude lipstick with your smokey eye. If you need to amuse your boyfriend or husband, try an extra red color to give that extraordinary dramatic smokey eye look.
Cheers girls, comments are most welcome, hope you enjoyed my tutorial 🙂 🙂
Rimmel Lasting Finish Kiss & Stay Lip Gloss
Mascara: Rimmel Extra Super Lash Waterproof Mascara
Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick 070 Airy Fairy
Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer
Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation
Rimmel Liquid Eyeliner and Rimmel Pencil Eyeliner
L’Oreal Professionnel INOA Hair Colour
Lotus Herbals FloralStay Long-Lasting Lip Colour SPF 10 Pink Mink
Oriflame Stay Glam Lip Colour
Lush Colour Supplement
Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Wet/ Dry Shadow Violet Femme and Gold Rush
Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick Autumn Rush, Blushing Brunette
Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Candy Baby Double Mist
Victoria’s Secret – Beauty Rush Passion Fruit Pop
Deborah Milano Eye Design Quad So Brown
L’oreal Star Secrets Quad Pro 354 Hazel Eyes Brown Golds
Lancome Maquiriche Eyeshadow Quad
Eye Shadow Quads Review: Revlon Colorstay and Lakme
NYX Single Eyeshadow Black
Faces Eye Shine Single Eyeshadow 04 Black
Bourjois Single Eyeshadow + Bourjois Foundation
4 Colorbar Single Eyeshadow
Stila Mineral Matte Eye Shadow Nanda Devi
Boots 17 Solo Eyeshadow Darkness
Active Cosmetics Eyeshadow
MaxFactor Max Effect Mono Eyeshadow 10 Magic Nights
Bourjois Wet/ Dry Eyeshadow – New Shades Photos, Swatches
Deborah Milano Mono Hi Tech Eyeshadow No. 32
Smokey Eye: Brown Black Smokey Eye Tutorial
NYX Box of Smokey Look Collection (S114)
Smokey Eye: How to Get Smokey Eyes
Eye Makeup: Soft Smokey Eyes- Makeup Tutorial
Lush Henna Caca Brun
Lancome Blush Subtil Brun Roche 08
Yves Rocher Moisturizing Cream Lipstick Brun Chocolat
Bourjois Regard Effet Duochrome (62 Brun Mordore) Eyeliner