WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream
I call Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream is my *smelly miraculous product*
It is going be a long review but please bear with me .
This review was long awaited.. especially Radhika had told me to review this one when I had posted my haul. i had already started writing one when I slowly kept realizing its benefits while it kept unfolding its magic 😉 so I stopped and decided to try in how many ways can this cream be used.
For starters I had purely looked around at the Elizabeth Arden counter because i had heard this cream had won quite a few beauty awards and it is one of those products that regularly crops up in magazines in top ten product lists, and on beauty pages as a highly recommended product.
Also I had read and heard it is used on a lot of international runways to make cream eyeshadows to mix and match, whatever shades the makeup artists wish. And that its a favourite with the runway artists also as a high shine lipgloss.
When the SA made me try this she only told me that it is a lip balm. So I decided to try it. Heard the price Rs 790!! Like 790 for a lipbalm? I just walked off and continued with my clothes shopping when in every trial room I couldn’t help but notice what nice natural tint this orange lipbalm was giving to my lips and also how glossy it was – way better than a lipglass! I still didn’t want to buy it.
But boy oh boy when I reached home and the next day!! My lips were healed!!
Lets go back to my dry lips history- I have the driest lips in the world. I am serious! I’m literally known for it!even in summers they are super dry. I could never help my lips’ condition ever!! Because I have the habit of peeling the hard skin off. And it looks ugly! I am teased and very infamous for it. I have tried all the possible lipbalms in the world, Tbs, Himalaya, lotus, burts bees,Vaseline, oriflame,and many many many more that I don’t remember. They all temporarily softened my lips but never repaired my dry peeling skin surface. And I ended up peeling that surface AGAIN! And that viscious cylcle continued forever.
Gosh it sounded like teleshopping advt but its true . 🙁
Cut to my present story. When i went home i realized how beautifully it was healing my lips. And the entire next day my lips looked smooth with no abrasions or peeling skin. Pure plain skin and healthy lips!!! I finally decided im getting this one and I am soooooooooo glad i got it. I might sound weird but its like God’s boon to me after suffering from parched lips agony for so long.
Price 790 for 50gms. Made in usa.
Ingredients: Petrolatum 56.8%(active ingredient),Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Salicylic Acid, Propylparaben, Castor Oil, Corn Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Iron Oxides
What Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream claims:-
Soothes minor skin irritations. Also for symptoms of chapping, flaking,peeling or irritations due to sunburns, windburns, scrapes,abrasions or cracked lips.
How to use:– Apply liberally as often as necessary. For external use only.discontinue use if symptoms persist for next 7days and consult a physician. *not to be applied over punctured wounds , infections,lacerations.
My experience with Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream :-It is a matte white flip cap tube. Looks classy , simple , minimal and boring 😛
The silly part is its not really a cream , its more like a gel or a balm i daresay. Its extremely thick in consistency and orange in colour.
Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream has a very strong medicinal smell. Many people i know hate it but I personally find it calming. It is medicinal but very essential oil or balm like also at the same time. But i dare not let the smelly thing go in my mouth when i use it as a lip balm. So I try using it night before going to sleep.
It does not get absorbed in the skin but forms a coating over it.
This is how it looks on my lips. Without a lipstick underneath or above it.but the flash has ruined the original tint it gives to my lips.nevertheless this is the best I could get.
Pros of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream
• Best lip balm in the world!!! I mean it. If I apply it over night i don’t have to apply it for next one and a half day – no cracks and peeling skin in between. I don’t have to apply it again and again unlike regular lipbalms.
• Best glossy gloss in the world too. Albeit a transparent one 😛
• The colour of it is such that it imparts a nice fleshy tint to my otherwise my natural pale lipcolour.
• It is multipurpose
• It even healed my painful cuticles. Just give it one night and it works wonders.
• Recently I was dying some clothes of mine . and i hate wearing gloves – too much of acetic acid made my skin horribly dry and weirdly shiny textured- not in a good way. I just knew it that all had to do is apply this balm before sleeping. And voila! 😀
• Can be used after waxing to heal the itchiness and redness.
• Can be used for dry spots on the feet,knees etc and it works well again.
• It heals sunburns also well. I had gone outstation and i got a small patch of sunburn right above my cupid bow, it looked dark funny and moustache like. I tried using so many things until i realized I should put this cream and needless to say within 3 days it noticeably healed that too!
• you can try making cream eyeshadows(temporarily) and lipstick shades out of it
• Can serve as an instant moisturiser before applying a matte lipstick. You can apply for 15 mins, wipe it off and you are ready to rock a matte lippie without any shine of lipbalm peeking through.
• IMO only; the smell is calming
• Little goes a long way. You need tiniest amount for lips.
• Thoroughly dermatologically ,clinically and allergy tested.
• It is vintage 😉 its literally around since the 30s!
• It is like your Vaseline,only fancier and trillion-gazillion times better!
Cons of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream
• The cost would be high for some people. Initially it was for me too until it solved my cracked lips tragedy and I don’t seem to mind it anymore.
• The distinctive smell would be infamous with many.
• Since its very sticky for skin application , it is restricted only to night use.
• Methylparaben and mineral oil in ingredient list.
• Not easily available.
Would I buy it again!! Yes its a necessity for me. I will buy it all my life
Would i recommend it to others? YES!
Rating: :-* :-* :-* :-* . 1 point deducted because I loathe parabens in my products.
Have you used Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Lotus Quince Seed Nourishment Cream
Fair & Lovely Multi Vitamin Cream Review
Revlon Touch and Glow Advanced Fairness Cream Review
Pond’s White Beauty Daily Spot-less Lightening Cream & Facial Foam Review
Jovees Active Protein Youth Face Pack and 30+ Youth Face Cream- Review
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Review
Oriflame Calming Face Cream with Blueberry & Lavender Extracts Review
Avon Ageless Results Day Cream, Retroactive Youth Extending Cream
Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Scent Spray Review