Eye primers are one of the must-haves in any makeup lover’s collection. Nothing is worse than seeing your painstaking effort to create a gorgeous eye look fade or crease in a couple of hours. I had so far used 2 primers: Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance and MAC’s paint pots, specifically Painterly. Both these work really well but are quite expensive!
Browsing through NYX’s website a few months back, I stumbled upon this eyeshadow base and can I tell you how great it is at a fraction of the price of all the much-raved primers in the market.
NYX claims that this primer evens out skin tone and smooths out lines. It is perfect prep for true color and long-lasting eye shadow.
Available in only one shade. This is a soft shade of beige in the tube which blends out completely transparent on the eyelids.
Anywhere from $6-$7.
Anywhere NYX cosmetics are sold (porkdaisy, cherryculture, beautyjoint, nonpareilboutique, amazon, ebay, other online stores, drugstores abroad, etc).
What I Love About NYX High Definition Eye Shadow Base:
• NYX’s HD Eyeshadow Base completely lives up to its claims. It seals the eyeshadows and keep them in place all day long. Even after 12-13 hours, the colors stay put and are as vibrant as ever.
• I have slightly oily eyelids and in spite of that, my eyeshadows neither crease nor fade over this primer.
• With this primer, even the most creamy of eyeshadows such as cream shadows stay put and don’t crease horribly.
• I also like that it blends out to be a completely, but bright transparent color so any color I put on top stays true to what’s in the box.
Even though this goes on transparent, it actually helps in brightening up the eye area and giving a more awake look.
(Top: Swatch; Bottom: Blended out)
• It is an extremely creamy product and there’s no need to tug and pull the eyes to blend it out.
• I love the packaging. The tube comes with a sponge tip applicator which applies very easily and unlike primers that come in a pot, no additional brushes are required for application.
• A little goes a long way, so this tube should last me for a long time. Just a dot is required for the entire eyelid.
• I can go on and on about what a fantastic product it is for the price. Even without the price comparison, I find it a tad bit better than Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance as well as MAC’s paint pots because of its creamy consistency as well as the ease of application. It does what it’s supposed to do – keep eyeshadows vibrant without letting them crease or fade throughout the day.
• Even when I apply it on my lower lash line, it doesn’t settle into the fine lines or creases.
• I don’t think I will try any high end eyeshadow primer ever. This is my HG primer at just $6. An absolutely fantastic deal!
What I Don’t Love About NYX High Definition Eye Shadow Base:
• I don’t think it evens out skin tone as it claims to do. It blends out completely transparent and is quite lightweight.
• Even though the packaging is great, I wonder how I would be able to get 100% of the product out.
• Might not be easily available in India.
• Contains parabens.
4.5 out of 5.
This is one of the best products I’ve ever tried from NYX. It does what it’s supposed to do and is so cheap compared to other popular primers in the market. I will keep on going back to it every time I run out. Finally, my search for the best primer is over! I highly recommend this to everyone!
NYX Concealer in a Jar – Orange and Yellow
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Antwerp, Addis Ababa Photos, Swatches
NYX Box of Smokey Look Collection (S114)
NYX Studio Perfect Primer
NYX Lip Creams in Stockholm and Tokyo
NYX Powder Blush Pinched Review, Swatch
NYX Blushes and Lipsticks
NYX Rouge Cream Blush Review – Natural
NYX Blush Mocha Review, Photos, Swatches
NYX Chrome Eye Shadow Mink, Seclude Review, Photos, Swatch
NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic
NYX Doll Eye Mascara Volume
NYX Slim Lip Liner Pencil in Natural and Hot Red
Powder Blush Dusty Rose Review, Swatch
Jumbo Lip Pencil : Deep Red, Iced Coffee, Soft Fuchsia
Jumbo Eye Pencil Yoghurt Review, Swatches
Round Lipgloss Review, Swatches
Jumbo Eye Pencil Milk Review, Swatches
NYX Liquid Eye Liner
Soft Matte Lip Cream Antwerp Review, FOTD
Lip Lacquer Pot
Round Lipstick Tea Rose Review, Swatch
Tinted Lip Spa: Matador and Vintage
Mosaic Powder Blush
Lakme High Definition Eyeliner
Colorbar High Definition Kohl Eye Liner
MaxFactor Masterpiece High Definition Mascara
Make Up For Ever HD Powder Review – High Definition
Revlon Multi Use Palette Photos, Swatches
Revlon Customeyes Shadow & Liner Palette Photos, Swatches
Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow – Copper Coast
Oriflame Pure Colour Eye Shadow Palette Blues and Lilacs
Beauties Factory 120 Colors Eyeshadow Palette
Inglot Eye Shadow Freedom System & My Palette