WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
VLCC Natural Sciences Almond Nourishing Body Lotion with SPF 15 Review
Product Being Reviewed:
VLCC Natural Sciences Almond Nourishing Body Lotion with SPF 15 Skin Defense.
Rs. 250 for 350 ml.
Use before 36 months from the date of manufacture.
For supple, moisturized, youthful skin. This light, non greasy lotion is enriched with pure Almond Oil.
- Nourishes skin to help retain elasticity.
- Leaves skin glowing and youthful.
- SPF 15 provides UVA and UVB protection to prevent skin darkening and premature ageing.
Directions For Use:
Apply twice daily all over your body after bath or 15 minutes before going out in the sun.
Almond Oil, Wheat Germ Extract, Silicon Blend, Aloevera Extract, Fenugreek Extract, Hydrolyzed Malt Extract, Allantoin, Trehalose, Titanium Dioxide, Octyl Methoxy Cinnamate.
My Experience with VLCC Natural Sciences Almond Nourishing Body Lotion with SPF 15:
I like to try out different brands when it comes to body lotions and this time, I laid my hands on VLCC Natural Sciences Almond Nourishing Body Lotion, which is recently to be found in the market. I was also tempted to find it at a discounted rate of Rs. 209 in an online store; moreover, a bar of soap was offered free along with the lotion.
The lotion comes in a white plastic bottle, with a green sticker on the front side. The top-press cap needs to be pressed in order to pump out the required quantity of lotion. This bottle was neatly packed and sealed along with the free bar of soap in a transparent plastic shield. I tore it open and I had a tough time deciding on which side I should turn it in order to draw the lotion on my palm. Directions are given on the cap but that didn’t help much. I turned the cap this side and that, and the trial-and-error theory clicked.
It is a thick white-colored lotion with a perfect consistency. It is neither too runny, nor too creamy. The amount of lotion needed is more than what I thought would suffice.
It has to be rubbed on the skin for a few times and then, the lotion is absorbed nicely.
It does not leave the skin heavy, sticky and looking dark.
I use it twice everyday. My skin is normal and hence, it suits me more or less, but, I don’t think it would give the hydration needed to a person with dry or excessively dry skin. I feel it is a better option for daily skincare during summer days when the weather is not dry. For winters, however, it is not up to the mark since the skin needs an intensive care that this lotion is not capable of imparting.
Though it contains SPF, I do not use it instead of a sunscreen if I have to go out during the daytime. I think, it is a good way of keeping the skin protected while staying indoors but SPF 15 is not that effective for outdoor activity in the sun.
Pros of VLCC Natural Sciences Almond Nourishing Body Lotion with SPF 15:
- Though priced at Rs. 250, I got it at a discounted price of Rs. 209 from an online shopping site. I also got VLCC Shea Butter Moisturizing Soap, worth Rs. 85, free with the body lotion.
- The amount of body lotion you get (350 ml) for the price at which it comes, is quite a lot!
- The list of key ingredients mentions that it contains the goodness of natural components like Almond Oil, Wheat Germ Extracts, Aloe Vera Extracts and Fenugreek Extracts.
- The lotion needs to be rubbed on the skin a few times and then, it gets completely absorbed. It does not leave a sticky or heavy feeling on the skin.
- It contains SPF 15, which is an added advantage of using the lotion during day time. It also promises UVA and UVB protection to prevent skin darkening and premature ageing.
- The packaging is quite attractive.
Cons of VLCC Natural Sciences Almond Nourishing Body Lotion with SPF 15:
- Only the list of key ingredients is mentioned. It would have been nice if I could see the complete list of ingredients.
- Though there are directions given on the top-press cap regarding which way it has to be turned, in order to pump out the body lotion, the whole thing can be quite problematic.
- SPF 15 is not very effective for sun protection and hence, it cannot be used as a sunscreen while stepping out in the sun.
- The quantity required is more than what should be generally needed.
- The moisturizing effect does not last for a long time.
- It does not specify the skin type it is suited for.
- Though this may be intensely personal, I feel the fragrance could have been better.
- Since the bottle is quite big, it takes up a lot of space and is not therefore travel friendly.
Final Verdict on VLCC Natural Sciences Almond Nourishing Body Lotion with SPF 15:
It is an average product from the house of VLCC. I wouldn’t say it is absolutely worthless, nor would I be able to point out extraordinarily good features in it.
I would rate it something like 3 out of 5 (+1 for the price and quantity combination, +0.5 for suiting my skin type, +0.5 for containing SPF, +0.5 for the freebie I got, +0.5 for the key ingredients; -1 for not giving the moisturizing and ‘nourishing’ care up to expected level, -0.5 for the problematic cap, -0.5 for giving the list of key ingredients only).
VLCC Acne Control Clove Massage Gel
VLCC Shape Up Anti Cellulite Gel
VLCC Skin Defense Aloe Vera Body Lotion with SPF 10
VLCC Anti Tan Facial Kit
VLCC Surya Sandal Sun Block Lotion (SPF 30)
VLCC Diamond Facial Kit
VLCC Anti Tan Skin lightening Face Wash
VLCC Skin Defense Range
VLCC Skin Defense Lavang Moisturizer
L’occitane Almond Delicious Paste
L’occitane Almond Milk Concentrate
Bajaj Almond Drops Non Sticky Hair oil With Vitamin E
Almonds Health and Beauty Benefits
The Body Shop Almond Oil Hand Rescue Treatment
Blossom Kochhar’s Almond Moisturising Lotion
Biotique Almond Kajal
Joy’s Honey and Almond Gel
Biotique Almond Oil Cleanser
L’occitane Almond Shower Oil
Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara
Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner
Biotique Bio Quince Seed Nourishing Face Massage Cream
Nivea Nourishing Body Milk
Oriflame Nourishing Hand Cream for Dry Hands
Kaya Fairness Nourishing Day cream with SPF 15
Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Body Lotion
Bath & Body Works Twilight Woods Body Lotion
Vaseline Healthy White Body Lotion
Lush Sympathy For Skin Body Lotion
Enchanteur Moisture Silk Hand & Body Lotion (Romantic)
Oriflame Swedish Spa Body Lotion
H2O Plus Milk Body Lotion
Bath and Body Works Secret Wonderland Body Lotion
Victoria’s Secret Love Spell Midnight Hydrating Body Lotion
The Body Shop Aqua Lily Body Lotion
MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation
Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15
Ponds Age Miracle Daily Resurfacing Cream with SPF15 PA++
Lancome High Resolution Refill 3X with SPF 15