WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Boots 17 Solo Eyeshadow Darkness Review, Swatches
Well, as you must have known by now that I am reviewing the products I just bought from boots through a very good friend of mine who stays in UK. So the next product in my list is this single eye shadow I got from 17 brands.
According to website: 17 Solo Eye Shadow bold eye-catching shades to matte nudes. Join the colour revolution with this fabulous selection of 17 Solo Eye Shadows.
Price: 3.89£ on boots website or 300 INR.
Shades: Darkness is a matte black eye shadow. Rest these are available in 16 lovely shades.
My experience on the Solo eyeshadow:
17 is not a new brand for me. I already have its shimmer bronzing pearls that I recently reviewed and also a small pack of 3 eye shadows and 2 lip sticks. I love 17 as a brand. It makes great cosmetics and till date I had no problems with any of the product I tried from this brand. So this was the only reason I opted for this single eyeshadow from 17. I could have got a black eyeshadow from any other easily available brand too but my trust for 17 and this spontaneous makeup purchase of mine from UK made me buy this one.
A matte black eyeshadow always remained on my list as I love to create a light smokey eye look. Previously I had one unbranded one but IMBB had made me so brand conscious that I thought of getting a good yet reasonable e/s. Here eye shadows are mostly sold in packs. I already have so many eye shadows that I did not want to buy yet another 2/3 e/s pack that too for a single black one and so this 17 solo eyeshadow came as a true blessing for me.
Packaging: It comes in a small cute black plastic encasing that has a transparent screw cap on top. Packaging is totally non breakable and very handy and light weight. There is no mirror or any brush provided. Well, it’s so compact that this much size of mirror or brush would actually be useless even if it had been there.
Texture: The eyeshadow is highly pigmented and swiping your brush 2-3 times would add enough color to your eyes. Texture is silky soft and it goes smoothly and blends effortlessly on the eyes. There is neither any fall out nor any mess created while applying or blending the eyeshadow at all. :jalwa:
Staying power: It stays on your eyes for a full 7 hours without any primer :woot: Yes, I tried it on my bare eyelid just after applying my sunscreen and the color remained fully vibrant for a complete 6 hours without even a hint of creasing at all. I was shocked and surprised. So just think the lasting effect/vibrancy of shade of this e/s on top of a primer. :woot:
Overall I love this small cute pot of eyeshadow from 17. Summarizing its pros and cons for you all:
Pros of the 17 solo eyeshadow:
• Highly pigmented eyeshadow.
• Very fine texture that goes on smoothly on the eyes.
• Surprisingly great staying power of 6-7 hours without creasing that too without using any e/s primer.
• No fall out so it is easy to apply and blend without making a mess.
• Available in 16 vivid and beautiful colors.
• Very reasonably priced and available on offers too.
• Cute, compact and handy packaging.
• Can be used in dry and wet form. Both ways it gives great results.
• It fades away uniformly and does not crease at all even in the hot weather.
• It is water resistant and do not smudge or run away on getting contact with water.
• Gets easily removed using any normal face wash, cleanser or makeup remover.
• Dermatologically tested.
• Fragrance free.
• The concept of this single eyeshadow is great for people like me who want some specific shades only and not pile up some useless e/s pack or 4-5.
Cons of the 17 solo eyeshadow:
• Availability online only.
• No ingredient list available online too. Although it is mentioned being dermatologically tested still ingredient list is not available.
• No brush or mirror provided in the packaging.
Ratings: I would love to rate it 4.5/5
Recommend/repurchase: Yes, I want the purple shade in it next. And I would whole heartedly recommend it to anyone who want to buy this awesome product at such a cheap price (-shipping). On ebay, it is available for quite less. So buy and enjoy this fantastic product. 🙂
I tried to create a smokey eye look using this 17 solo e/s- Darkness. I first applied it wet all over my lid for the base and then used it dry to create a smokey effect and this is the result I got. Well, I am quite happy with it. Hope you guys like it too.
Inside with flash
Outside without flash
Boots No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick (No 10,12 and 30)
Boots Cucumber Facial Wash
Boots Botanics Bathing Enlivening Body Polish
Boots Seawood Conditioner
Boots Essentials LipSalve Collection
Boots Soltan Sun Care Lotion
No7 Boots Colour Lock Nail Enamel 474 Bronzeberry
Boots Vitamin E Gentle Exfoliating Face Wash
Boots No7 Stay Perfect Perfection Continue Lipstick in Bare- Review, swatches
Boots No7 Natural Blush in 10 Soft Damson- Review and swatches
Boots 17 Instant Glow Shimmer Pearls Review