So, having taken the quite threatening risk of being labelled as the “Lakme Absolute fixated girl :P,” I am here with the review of Lakme Absolute Wet and Dry Compact. Its surprising that of all the products in the range, this is the only neglected child of the entire “Absolute” family, and so let IMBB give a home to this truly intriguing object of fascination (okay, to me, it is. )
The packaging is one of the most aptly complimented characteristic of this entire range. The gunmetal glossy grey and black packaging is nonetheless classy and futuristic and it definitely doesn’t look like those monochrome plastic video games you toyed around with when you were a toddler. Yes , it also comes with this soft and spongy, well, sponge, which also smells good, that is if you don’t let it get bacteria infested after your very first use. With wet and dry compacts, although this one comes with a separate sponge compartment , you have to be careful about sanitising the sponge after every use.
Since, pictures speak louder than words, here are the photographic evidences of my promising purchase.
Lakme Absolute White Intense Wet and Dry Compact 16-hour comes with dual usage, compact and foundation. It gives you a flawless smooth skin. With SPF-17, it protects your skin against harmful UV radiations. Lakme Absolute White Intense Wet and Dry Compact 16hr is long lasting and stays for 16 hours a day. Rich in vitamin B3 and Hyaluronic acid, it hydrates your skin, making it smooth and even. It comes with a sponge applicator that helps the compact to blend well with the skin.
Features and Benefits:
- No harmful ingredients.
- Three shades for different skin tones (yeah , that’s Lakme’s idea of a good feature. *rolls eyes* )
- Easily applicable (debatable. )
Online price – around Rs. 595
- 01 Ivory Fair.
- 03 Golden Medium (My shade).
- 05 Honey Beige.
(These are the only 3 shades available in India/online – yes, the numbering has made me wonder too, whether shades 2 and 4 ,if they at all exist are expected to lay eggs in the Lakme Factory).
My Experience with Lakme Absolute White Intense Wet and Dry Compact:
To be honest, being the very unwilling possessor of an oily skin type, I was looking for a wet and dry compact which shall give me coverage and glow but not melt on me the moment I say hello to the sun god – that is how I justify my purchase of this product to everyone who cares to listen. This product has its pros and cons and so I have a mixed review about this product.
When used dry:
It gives a very smooth canvas to work on and doesn’t look too matte – its more satin matte than plaster-of-paris on face matte, which is quite flattering. (satin matte, I mean. ) It stays on for around 3 -4 hours, so it isn’t a very longwear powder if you are looking for one (compared to say, the Kryolan loose powder which stays intact even during stage performances, but then the Lakme one gives a more natural look and finish). It settles to a very pretty dewy glowy pearly finish after a while (say 1-½ hours ) and makes the face look quite radiant. The oil control is better when used dry and that is how I prefer to use this product, and yes it has worked well for me this way.
When used wet:
When used wet, it gives the finish of a very sheer foundation (which has more of the pearly glow than the opaque tint ) which can be a pro for some who have unblemished virgin skin and a huge con for those who have acne spots and scars – which this will highlight unless you cover up using a concealer beneath. Also, when used wet, the foundation wears off in patches, making the skin look splotchy which is extremely undesirable for those of us who have super oily skin, for our skin type shall only accelerate the process.
In order to use it wet, I would suggest wet the sponge (a tiny bit), then pick up some product and lightly dab on the skin. (Do not rub vigorously like your maid rubs Vim bar on your cutlery) to get the sheer glowy finish. If you have almost clear skin , this will flatter your skin texture even more.
Pros of Lakme Absolute White Intense Wet and Dry Compact:
- Gives a flawless glowy satin matte look which revives the complexion instead of making it look dull, matte, and powdery.
- Looks good on top of the Lakme Absolute skin cover foundation or when paired with a concealer for problematic skin and long wear.
- On a flawless complexion – when used wet, the foundation gives a radiant glow – which makes the skin look dewy and healthy. This product is PERFECT for those with PERFECT skin.(Then why is it makeup?) This is a subtle, beauty-enhancing makeup; light natural looking makeup which cannot cover up acne scars with the depth of the grand canyon.
- Has SPF 17 , but that doesn’t mean you can skip off your sunblock during daytime. If any of us wore the amount of foundation required to get a decent amount of sun protection, then we would end up looking like a Madame Tussaud wax work. Not human. Nope.
- It has vitamin B3 and hyaluronic acid.
- The case and the pouch, classy and collectible for sure. (I always come up with such irritating excuses. Yeah. )
Cons of Lakme Absolute White Intense Wet and Dry Compact:
- This isn’t a perfect product. It gives a ghostly white cast in flash photography if over applied, but with the kind of sheer coverage that you will get (because of the lack of pigment in this product) , It`s easy to over do it , and let`s admit it , that`s very embarrassing. None of us want to admit we are wearing too much makeup. ”The best thing is to look natural, but it takes makeup to look natural.” Calvin Klein .Wise guy. Hmm.
- This is NOT a product for those who have problematic skin and need to cover up lots of blemishes or acne scars because then this product will not only not cover them, but yeah, highlight them and you would then want to hang it by the neck from the Eiffel tower or throw it in Azkaban.
- Needless to say, it doesn’t last even remotely close to 16 hours – it disappears after 5 hours or so (with touch ups in between), not very long wearing especially if used on its own.
- Pricey for all the cons it has to offer.
- Has no ingredient list mentioned.
So, should you buy it or not : Buy it at your own risk. It worked very well for me as an everyday wear dry powder compact. If you have good skin and like natural soft, sheer glowing makeup, then definitely go for it, but on the other hand, if you need longwear and heavy duty makeup, then this is not for you buddy. So long. ^_^
Lakme Absolute Plump and Shine 3D Gloss Beige Shine
Lakme Absolute Moon Lit Highlighter
Lakme Absolute Matte Lip Color 47 Classic Rose
Lakme Absolute Sun-Kissed Bronzer Review, Swatches, Comparison
Lakme Absolute Plump & Shine 6-Hour 3D Gloss Candy Shine
Lakme Absolute Mattreal Skin Natural Mousse
Lakme Absolute Makeup Collection Coming Soon!
Kareena Kapoor Announced as The Face of Lakme ABSOLUTE
Lakme Absolute Collection Blusher Photos, swatches
Lakme Absolute Collection Bronzer Photos, Swatches
Lakme Absolute White Intense Skin Cover SPF 25
Lakme Absolute Matte Lip Color 201 Pure Glam
Lakme Absolute Cheek Chromatic Baked Blush
Olay White Radiance Intensive Fairness Serum
MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner Crayon – Undercurrent
Chambor Brightening Smoothening Foundation Wet and Dry
Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Wet/ Dry Shadow Violet Femme and Gold Rush
Physicians Formula Wet/Dry Eye Shadow – Baked Oatmeal
Bourjois Wet/ Dry Eyeshadow – New Shades Photos, Swatches
The Body Shop Loose Face Powder
Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Loose Powder
NYX Loose Powder Transparent Light
Chanel Loose Powder
Lakme Rose Powder
The Body Shop Pressed Face Powder
Calvin Klein Subliminal Purity Loose Powder
The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Loose Powder Foundation
Make Up For Ever HD Powder Review – High Definition
MAC My Paradise Cheek Powder Review, Swatch, FOTD
E.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder
Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder
Wet n Wild Megaglo Illuminating Powder in Catwalk Pink
Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Loose Powder