How To Remove Makeup From Face
If you love to apply makeup on your face to enjoy all the attention you desire, you must also make sure that you remove all the makeup at the end of the day, so that your face remains free from acne and blemishes! Well, in case you were not aware, let me tell you that if you do not remove the makeup properly, this might lead to clogging of pores on the skin, irritation and even infections; in short, the residual makeup can cause skin problems which perhaps are not at all desired! Hence, this article is for all you makeup lovers who hope to opt for easy ways of doing away with makeup before going to bed.
How To Remove Makeup from Face?
There are various makeup removers available in the market. You might choose to invest in these products to ensure easy and proper removal of makeup. There are especially formulated liquid removers and makeup removing facial wipes, offered by various big brands to suit everyone’s needs whether you have oily skin or dry skin, sensitive skin or a problematic one.
Quite a few products have been reviewed here at IMBB and for your convenience, I would like to list a few of them here:
1. Avon Face and Eye Makeup Remover (read the review by Sush here.
2. Maybelline Makeup Remover (read the review by Rati here).
3. Lakme Nine to Five Makeup Remover Review (read the review by Sabrina here).
4. Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover (read the review by Nikki here).
5. L’oreal Lip and Eye Makeup Remover (read the review by Ida here).
6. Lancome Bi Facil Eye Makeup Remover (read the review by Rati here).
7. Estee Lauder Eye Makeup Remover (read the review by Aarthi here).
8. MAC Gently Off Eye and Lip Makeup Remover (read the review by Beeni here).
9. Mary Kay Oil-Free Makeup (read the review by Shivani here).
10. Kaya Hydra Cleanse Makeup Remover (read the review by Rati here).
How To Remove Makeup From Face Without Makeup Remover?
In case you do not have a makeup remover ready at hand, what would you do? Here are a few tips which would help you get ideas on how to remove makeup or paint from face even without a makeup remover:
• I am sure, you have a tub of cold cream in your house. Rub some cold cream on your face and make sure that all the areas where you applied makeup, is covered. Stay for about three or four minutes. Wipe your face with a washcloth, dipped in water, and then, rinse off with trepid water.
• If you have some baby oil at home, pour some of it in a bowl and dip a cotton ball. Wipe off the face makeup (or even face paint) with it and use a wet washcloth to get rid of the oil left on your face.
• If the makeup you used is not so heavy, you can also use milk to clean your face. Dip cotton ball into milk, wipe your face with it and rinse off with lukewarm water.
• If your skin is sensitive or dry, opt for a natural cleanser like the olive oil, castor oil or jojoba oil. (Tip: Actually, cream or oil based makeup removers work best for dry skin. Use this tip even while you pick a makeup remover for yourself from the market).
• If you have oily skin, make a homemade makeup remover by combining a spoon of yogurt with a spoon of honey and lime juice. Use of this combination must; however, be followed by a through facial cleansing with a face wash meant for oily skin. (Tip: While you get a makeup remover for yourself from the market, remember that gel based or alcohol based products work best on oily and combination skin types. Avoid oil based makeup removers).
• The oil cleansing method is superb for every skin type. Why don’t you try removing your makeup by resorting to this method? Read more about this oil skin cleansing method here.
Thus, it is important for you to remove any traces of makeup. Do it religiously before you retire for the day to enjoy youthful and problem-free skin, always!
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How To Minimize A Large Forehead
How to Wear Belts
How To Perm Hair
How to Apply Liquid Foundation using Flat Top Kabuki Brush
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
How to Get Rid of Stains from Silk Clothes
How To Make Hair Grow Faster
How To Apply Cream Blush
How to Contour Face with Makeup
How to Straighten Hair
How to Highlight Your Face – Photo Tutorial
How To Do Pedicure At Home in 5 Easy Steps
How to Remove Waterproof Eye Makeup : Ask IMBB
How to Remove Face Tan
Matte Makeup Look for Your Face, Eyes and Lips
46 thoughts on “How To Remove Makeup From Face”
Awesome Tips soms…… :worship: :worship: :worship:
thanx jyo :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
lovely DP jyo :love: :love: :love:
good tips Somreeta 🙂 i depend more on wipes to remove makeup than make up removers 🙂
Rarely i use Maybelline one or Avon makeup remover
thank you Nupur!!!!!!!!! even i love wipes more :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
which wipes do you use Nupur?
pariita, i use Johnsons one mostly, this time i got kara wipes, abhi start nhi kia but pack 🙂
even I like Kara quite a lot 🙂
Awesome Article Somreeta, Love it!! :thanks:
hi Agnibanya…..thanx ya :puchhi: :puchhi:
informative article somreeta … will surely try home remedies :))
glad Vid :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
Makeup wipes for me and then the makeup remover for when I use waterproof liner or mascara. But love the ideas of using things that are already in my home! great article
thank you so much Naomi 🙂 Ya…home remedies help just in case u dont hav the remover at hand :happydance:
very nice artice Somreeta 🙂
thankooooooooooooooooo Bee :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
I use the revlon one and find it to be good for oily skin too..nice article
thanx Preetha…..i generaly use Kara wipes…….. occasionally, wen i need……. coz im an almost no-makeup person :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
:thanks: for the awesome tips,Somreeta! :puchhi: I’ll keep ’em in mind! :tongue:
And I loove yor DP. :shying: :preen:
awwwwwww Pragnya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you dear :puchhi:
excellent tips Somreeta. wasnt aware of the yogurt+Honey+lime juice combo for oily skin. also, you are bang on with the tip on ‘Avoid oil based cleansers for oily skin’. I had done this once with Biotique almond oil cleanser and it just didnt work. I am currently using fabindia face wash and it is really good. I have also used the Nivea for mixed to oily cleanser and that has worked too. One step I follow religiously is to wipe the face with a warm cloth after cleansing. It is very effective in ensuring all the makeup is removed.
I use face wipes when I want to correct some mistake with my makeup 🙂
thanx Aruna!!!!!!!!! :thanks: i think for oily skin, wipes work really well!!!!!!!!!! but oil base is a strict no no!!!!!!!
I dont apply heavy makeup everyday and usually use maybellineeye makeup remover for removing eyeliners or kajal and it works great! thanks for the homemade tips :waytogo:
thank you Parita!!!!!!! even im not such a biiiiiiiiiiiig makeup user 🙂
Very useful tips Som. :thumbsup:
thank you gurpreet :thanks: :thanks:
love all these tips Somreeta :puchhi: :puchhi: :puchhi: :puchhi:
thankx sim sim :puchhi: :puchhi: :puchhi:
i also use baby oil to remove my makeup followed by aroma magic face wash to get rid of the oil bt that makes my face extremely dry.bt after reading ur review i’ll use washcloth instead of face wash.face washes make my skin very dry.thanx for this informative article. :puchhi:
thanx mishtu!!!!!!!! im sure the washcloth thing wont make ur skin so dry 🙂
I never go off to sleep without removing my makeup , no matter how dead tired i am. 😛 Still using that crappy clinique cleanser for face and lancome eye makeup remover. i follow up with a fcea wash. 🙂
Rati..i sent an article yesterday but didnt receive the usual auto reply..did you receive the mail? ?:)
hey Rati!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
hi somreeta. :))
:preen: :preen: :preen: :preen:
i just used ur baby oil vala technique for removing my makeup n worked superbly som :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .. thanxxxxxxx :puchhi:
wow…..so happy u liked it Nids :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
nice post !!! :yes: i use baby oil myself !! 🙂
thanx riddhi :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
i want the maybelline one :jiggy1:
:haanji: :haanji: :haanji:
How to remove kajal ??
Great tips Somreeta 😀 😀 😀 I read the oil cleansing tip in another post used by a supermodel who cleanses her face with coconut oil and then washes it with a facewash..I tried that once and I swear even my eye makeup (which always stubbornly stays on) just glided off and my eyes didn’t even burn !!!!!!! And I’ve got combination skin and it works just fine and also feels SO hydrating !! No pimples no breakouts no nothing 😀 😀 so I stopped using everything else and stuck with this routine <3 <3 <3 much more cheaper, easier and feels great !! so yeah I totally agree with this method 😀 :* 😀